SMARTI ETN network brings together a consortium of 30 partners from 8 European countries, USA, Asia and Australia, showing that collaboration between industry and academia in the area of smartening of transport infrastructures is not only possible but gives good results and provides outcomes that will eventually lead to the more sustainable future. SMARTI ETN encourages dialogue between public and private sector that will foster a wide range of opportunities and create new experts and leaders in the industry.
Previously you got insight into opportunities offered by research and knowledge centres of The University of Nottingham and IFSTTAR, so while we wait for our fellows to get settled and start with their projects, in the next weeks we would like to introduce you to the rest of “brains and muscles” working behind the SMARTI idea.
Eiffage is the third largest company in France and the fifth largest company in Europe in the construction sector with a turnover of over 14,000M. It has more than 70,000 employees, mostly shareholders of the company, and an integrated worldwide network of 500 subsidiaries, which are divided into four main business areas:
- ENERGY: Clemessy, Eiffage Énergie (subsidiary, Eiffage Energy) and Eiffel Industrie, specialised in electrical engineering, HVAC and process automation, propose a turnkey global offer: design, implementation, operation and maintenance of multi-ethnic facilities and specific equipment, whatever the sector concerned.
- CONSTRUCTION: Eiffage Construction integrates the activities of construction, furniture (and facility management), residential buildings, offices, public buildings, shopping centres, industrial facilities and restoration of historical monuments.
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Eiffage Construction integrates the activities of construction, furniture (and facility management), residential buildings, offices, public buildings, shopping centres, industrial facilities and restoration of historical monuments.
- CONCESSIONS AND PPP: Eiffage Concessions consolidates its role as a builder and concession granted for motorways and major infrastructure works, public utilities, buildings and urban development projects. It ensures the finance, design, construction and maintenance of the structures built. APRR and AREA manage toll motorways, whose concession has been granted to them by the Spanish government.
Eiffage stands out in France and around the world for its exceptionally wide range of skills and technical expertise.
The Group’s business activities are focused on the construction industry, real estate development, civil engineering, metallic construction, road construction, energy and concessions. Eiffage supplies highly complex, prestigious engineering structures as well as carrying out renovation projects in strict compliance with traditional techniques. Eiffage has often been a trailblazer in tackling the challenges of its time.
In a constantly-changing world and facing new challenges in the field of sustainable development, Eiffage stands out as an ecologically and socially responsible partner.
EIFFAGE will offer training in road engineering, laboratory tests and will be the environment for the requirements setting, Process development, deployment, field tests. on the “Nano Asphalt” – Nanosensor technology for road pavements project.
Dynatest helps to design and maintain better roads and airfield pavements. Dynatest is a specialized civil engineering company dedicated to pavement engineering services, pavement testing equipment, pavement performance analysis software and pavement management.
Dynatest Pavement Management Systems, as well as Dynatest analysis software tools are deployed by customers worldwide to optimize their pavement quality and maintenance. Their customers include road and airfield agencies, contractors and consulting companies.
Dynatest will provide expertise on the “DYSER” – Dynamic Structural Evaluation of Runways project.
This project focuses on:
- gaining a better understanding of load-transfer efficiency between concrete slabs in runway pavements.
- how to measure and characterise the load-transfer efficiency using equipment such as the HWD (Heavy-Weight Deflectometer) and the RWD (Rolling-Wheel Deflectometer) developed by Dynatest. Moreover, the project aims
- use of the gained knowledge to develop models for predicting the remaining lifetime of runways pavements.